enter your pooch in the 2nd Annual muttminster dog show!
Saturday, April 21 Noon Garrett College Special Events Center
Registration Check-in: 10 - 11:30 am (must be pre-registered to enter)
Bring your friends & family! Spectators $5 - Includes 5 Best of Show voting tickets!
The MuttMinster Dog Show is a fun event to highlight the beauty, diversity, and intelligence of all dogs – and the joys of pet adoption.
To be eligible, your dog must:
- Be a loved family pet. It can be mixed breed or pure breed.
- Be house-trained and socialized.
- Have proof of current vaccinations.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Complete the registration form.
- Download the completed registration form to your computer and email to email@example.com
- Click here for payment
- You may also download the form and mail, along with your registration fee to:
HART for Animals, Inc. P.O. Box 623 McHenry, MD 21541
Registration forms must be received by April 16, 2018, along with the $25 entry fee (includes 2 admission tickets). Spectators can purchase admission tickets at the door for $5 (includes 5 Best of Show voting tickets).
After receiving your registration form and fee, you will receive a confirmation email and event details. Your armband with your dog’s entry number will be given at check-in.
Questions? Please call Mary at 301.387.7729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MuttMinster is a fundraising event organized by HART for Animals, Inc. celebrating the anniversary of the HART Adoption Wing. This fun dog show is open to all dogs, but also highlights the diversity and charm of adopted ones. All funds raised go directly to saving homeless cats and dogs.
DOG HANDLERS MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE OR ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT
What is my dog’s group?
Since this is a show for all dogs, we have created 6 broad groups and you probably can make a case for your dog to be in more than one group. Don’t worry - there are no “breed” standards used to select our winners. Points are awarded for obedience, looks, and audience vote.
Pick the group you like best!
NOTE: These breeds are only used as an example.
Group 1 – Puppy Group: All breeds between 16 weeks and 6 months of age.
Group 2 – Toy Group: All breeds up to 15 pounds. Typical mixes included but are not limited to Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, Pomeranian, Jack Russell, Pup, Miniature Pinscher, etc.
Group 3 – Terrier Group: Fox Terrier, Westy, Staffordshire, Scotty, Jack Russell, Yourkshire, Cairn, etc.
Group 4 – Sporting Group: Cocker Spaniel, German Shorthair Pointer, Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Irish Setter, Weimaraner, Vizla, etc.
Group 5 – Working/ Herding Group: Husky, Doberman, Pinscher, Great Dane, Bernese Mountain Dog, Boxer, Mastiff, Rottweiler, St. Bernard, Coon Hound, Basset Hound, Beagle, Greyhound, Cattle Dog, Collie, Australian Shepherd, Mailinois, Sheepdog, Corgi, German Shepherd, etc
Group 6 – Seniors: All breeds 8 years-old+.
important information for the muttminster dog show
- Advance registration is required and must be submitted by April 16, 2018.
- Entry fee is $25 for each dog and each group. The fee includes 2 admission tickets.
- General admission is $5 and includes 5 voting tickets for Best of Show.
- Check-in begins at 11 am and ends at 11:30. Please see below for group schedule. We encourage you to stay and watch each group while waiting for your scheduled time. If you do wish to leave, please return to the show no later than 15 minutes prior to your group schedule.
- Upon check-in, you will receive your group name and entry number on an arm band. Please be sure to wear the arm band on your left arm.
- When your group is called, proceed to the ring where the judges will be standing. There will be 2 judges for each group: one for obedience; one for health. The dogs will walk around the ring at the beginning and at the end. Please listen carefully to the judges instructions.
- Leashes must be 6’ or shorter. No retractable leashes please.
- Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in each group. One winner from each group will qualify for Best in Show. The judging will be based on the following:
- Obedience (40 points) – Sit (10 points), Stay (10 points), Come (10 points), Down (10 points),plus 1 trick (optional) of your choice (bonus points)
- Health (45 points) – Teeth, Coat, Grooming, and Personality
- Audience Vote by applause (15 points) for groups. Tickets will be used to vote for your favorite Best of Show.
- You may want to give your dog some exercise in the morning to release some of the extra energy. We recommend that you practice before the event so they are accustomed to the routine.
MuttMinster Show Schedule:
11-11:30 am: Check-in and Spectator ticket purchases (Spectators can purchase tickets all day)
Noon Toy Group
12:15 Terrier Group
12:45 Working Group
1:30 Sporting Group
1:45 Senior Group
2:15 Best of Show (Award Ceremony)